Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

We were visiting Willow Creek North Shore this morning and today was their last "Celebration of Hope" series where guest speaker Nicholas Kristof was being interview by Sr Pastor Bill Hybels about his book on the injustices around the world, human trafficking, etc.  In the middle of it, Michael leaned over to me and whispered, "I'm glad you're not dead or hurt in the hospital, Mommy."  I nearly laughed out loud because it was so random but he was so serious that I was able to keep my laughter in check.  It was not your average "Happy Mother's Day" greeting :o)

This morning was extraordinary.  We had breakfast with new friends, Linda and her three kids, Michael, Nicholas and Sara (we met Andrew, Linda's husband at church later).  What amazed me was that after breakfast, Linda had her sons bring over 2 big bag of groceries so we wouldn't have to worry about going out and getting stuff while Jacob was in Berlin!  I've heard that people in the midwest are friendly, but being the recipient of such kindness and thoughtfulness just blew my mind.  Oh, did I mention this is the first time I've met Linda?!?  We had exchanged a few emails through a friend of a friend but this was our first face-to-face meeting!


After church, the kids and I had the most amazing dip with our sweet potato fries from Yard House.  It was Bacon Maple dip and it was to die for!!! I'll have to google it and see if I can find a recipe for that now.  It's very addictive!!!

Tomorrow, the house hunting adventure continues.  I can't wait to see how things turn out!!! I'll keep you posted :o)

I'll leave you with a verse from Proverbs 31:30 using the Amplified Bible version...
"Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain [because it is not lasting], but a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord, she shall be praised!"

Happy Mother's Day!!!