Monday, April 23, 2012

"Look at my tent, Mommy! It's the first time I built one all by myself!"

After school, we dropped by one of our favorite stores and picked up something new... Fruit Pearls! What a novelty!!! They were very refreshing and perfect for a hot day... except today, we were shivering from the damp and misty weather!!!

The weekend was sweltering and today's temps were in the 60's.  Go figure! Speaking of weekend, I had the best one ever spending it with one of my favorite group of women:  the MOMSnext steering team!!! We ate, laughed, played Apples to Apples (thanks, Missi for introducing it and now I have to get the game for myself!!!), shopped and had meaningful conversation.  The perfect girls' bonding getaway even though we all missed Jenn terribly.

I just finished Beverly Lewis' The Fiddler, a delightful story where two worlds collide between an Englisher and a young Amishman.  Now I'm working on Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert.  She's a new author for me and I'm really enjoying her story so far!

Ever since the house went on the market on Thursday afternoon, we've had a lot of traffic coming through.  That's a great thing, right?!? But the challenge is keeping everything pristine and perfect and ready to show.  I asked Michael not to take all the pancake pillows off the couches when we knew someone was coming.  While I was researching schools and houses and then was on the phone with my new friend, Grace (thank you, Aunty Rita!!!), he decided to get creative.  Of course.


Right before we had to jam out of the house, Michael proudly showed me his tent that involved every single pancake pillow off the couches, blankets from the baskets (that had previously been nicely rolled up and organized) and food clips from the kitchen!!! He was so proud of himself and I was so proud of how he managed to occupy himself, too :o) I would have loved to take a picture except I don't know where we packed away the camera!

And I discovered a new talent.  I can get everything back in place in :60!!! So now we need to pray that some offers come in (bidding wars, anyone?!?)!!! But seriously, I believe in God's perfect timing so I'm content to wait on Him since He's in control anyway!

This is why I love Jeremiah 29:11!!! Although I usually quote the NASB's version of that verse, I also like how The Amplified Bible puts it... "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome."

Thank you, God!!! :o)