Monday, April 16, 2012

Cleaning, De-Cluttering & Organizing Mode

Oh my! I have been going non-stop crazy with a deadline that came much too soon (today is my "D" day!)...  My two week project?!?  I've been busy trying to make 8 years of clutter magically disappear as we prepare to get our house listed and look as if no one resides here.  Ha! I've looked at the other houses on the market and I see immaculate staged houses with no signs of life.  How in the world do other people do it?!?  

I've managed to read Frank Peretti's Illusion these past 2 weeks and speaking of... yep, I missed my deadline for this month's newsletter.  Oops! Oh well!!! Reading means getting nothing done and I don't have that luxury at the moment...!!! Meanwhile, poor Jacob had 3 exams (30 lectures) to prepare for and take in those 2 weeks.  And tax stuff to gather.   Krista has been up to her eyeballs with homework.  And Michael... we still have to do school because work samples are due... yesterday!!! When it rains, it pours, right?!?  Oh why, oh why did I ever start Kindergarten with him?!?  I need this right now like I need a hole in my head!!!

But, the silver lining in my cloud is that I love to organize and this type of project ergizes me as I go around tossing things out :o)  Mostly Jacob's and Krista's things...!!! Just kidding :oP And I do love bubble wrap!!!

So, I choose joy in the midst of de-cluttering in a short time frame :o) I love the NLT's version of Psalm 118:24...
"This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it."

Did you notice how there isn't a clause about rejoicing and being glad as long as everything is going hunky dory?!?  Exactly! And this is how I choose to live my life before God, my family and friends :o)