Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Don't Call Me Mikey... Don't Call Me My Little Man... Call Me... Snail," Said the Little Boy to His Father.

SNAIL?!?  I guess it's better than "slug" or "stink bug", but seriously?!?  I refuse to call him that! The funny thing is that he answers to that moniker when Jacob uses it!  Jacob and Michael have a little tradition where Jacob hums, "dee dee deedeedeedeedee dee deedee..."What?!?  Don't you recognize that tune?!?  It's the tune to Barney's "If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops..." And when he hums that tune, both boys put their pointer fingers by the side of their heads and wiggle them like the little antennas of a snail.  Apparently, Michael identifies with snails, I guess.  Probably because he likes to take his time---especially when it comes to eating green veggies.

Do you know what's significant about me blogging at this moment?!?  It's the fact that the house is finally completely de-cluttered and ready to be listed!!! It's looking nice and sterile for the MLS.  It's a lovely change of pace instead of packing, cleaning and reorganizing things to be sitting and having the luxury to blog again! And read! Oh, how I've missed reading regularly!!! Today I finished Tracey Bates The Widow of Saunders Creek (a creepy tale about spiritual darkness) and started on The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis (book one of a new series called Home to Hickory Hollow).

For the past two weeks, packing away personal things, clearing counter tops and floors have been the priority.  In between those two weeks, we had good friends stay over several different times.  Then we went on a cavity inducing mini trip to the JellyBelly Factory (love those BellyFlops!!!) and stayed with our close friends in noCal.  Jacob finished 30 lectures and three exams; we drove back and forth to school and skating for Krista and I tri-hosted a baby shower with my two favorite mentor moms for one of my moms at MOMSnext! God was faithful! He gave us the strength to do what was needed.  And we survived with His help!!!

And now the rest is in God's hands :o) It's a great feeling!!! The future is still unknown like when our house is going to sell, where we're going to live, what we're going to do for school, etc.  But God is in control and I can rest in His peace knowing that an all-knowing God holds our unknown future in His hands.  Besides, housing and all the things that go with a move are so insignificant compared to our future!!!  There's a bigger picture and a better place ahead for those of us who have accepted God's free gift of salvation in His Son, Jesus!!!

I love the words Jesus said in John 14:1-3.  Here's how the Amplified Bible phrases it....
"1DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
    2In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you.
    3And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also."

And I'm absolutely confident that there won't be any clutter to de-clutter in Heaven!!! Hallelujah!!!