Sunday, April 8, 2012

"I'm Not Kicking You. I'm Demonstrating What A Kick Is!" said the Little Brother...

It was hard to sit through the Easter service dry-eyed knowing it was our last Easter here! Our choir sang two original songs this morning and when the music started on the second one, Michael whispered to me that it sounded like music for pirates! And I have to agree that the music would be great for a pirate movie!

I love our pastor, the staff and our church family at LOCC.  One of the most challenging aspects of moving is finding another church where we'll feel at home, get challenged from the strong biblical teaching and find ministries to get plugged into.  I've already been researching churches in the area and I'm excited to begin checking them out!

After an amazing message about the Miracle That Changed Everything, we came home to our traditional Easter Egg hunt for the kids.  It was quite entertaining to watch them!  This year, I only hid 12 eggs.  Krista searched for blue eggs (with her favorite candy) while Michael searched for green eggs (with his favorite candy).  We only hid a few this year because we're in the process of de-cluttering our home and removing all the pictures and personal things to get the house on the market.  And de-cluttering means there are less places to hide all the eggs!

Jacob went to put a battery in Michael's jet engine when Michael grabbed a pillow and put it over his face.  I asked him why he was doing that and this is what he said...

Michael:  Yuck! I don't like the smell of foot!

Later while we were hanging out in the bedroom, Michael was trying to hop on top of Krista while she was trying to deflect his leaping body with her arm! It was really funny! They were piled on the bed when Krista complained that Michael was kicking her.

Michael:  I'm not kicking you.  I'm demonstrating what a kick is!

Obviously, he had to stop but I thought his answer was comical! Ahhhh... and even though his reply was entertaining, it made me think how often we try to justify our sinful thoughts, deeds and words.  I know I'm guilty!

It's why today is so pivotal to our faith.  Easter is about the hope we have in Jesus Christ, God's Son because of His resurrection! He arose from the tomb after three days and is now on the right hand of the Father interceding for us (Romans 8:34).

His faithfulness is seen in our lives everyday and I'm so grateful for His sacrifice on the cross.  I believe Jesus died on the cross, shed His blood so I can be forgiven for my sins. rose again after three days and is coming back for us someday!!!  And because I've accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior of my life, I know, without a shadow of doubt, that I will spend eternity with Him when I die!!! Death has no power over me because I know He lives!!!

Jesus said in John 14, "After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also."

Now that's the hope we have in Christ!!!