Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sickness Strikes...!

Having Jacob home allows me to read more because he's taken over the kitchen and meal preparation (it was a no brainer to give it up!!!).  What a blessing Amgen has been to me personally!!! LOL!!!
[Ahem, Jacob] Just for the record, I would like to say that I don't mind cooking.  In fact, I would like it a lot better without all the distractions pulling me throughout the day :o)

I finished House of Secrets by Tracie Peterson late last night and finished Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander (I absolutely loved the story and want to take a trip to the Belmont Mansion up close!) it this afternoon.  And now I've started on Lauraine Snelling's Valley of Dreams.  I haven't decided on my upstairs book yet...

Krista's been fighting something in her body since she came home on Friday and finally came down with a high fever yesterday.  Michael went to bed with a low grade fever and woke us up in the wee hours of the morning with a very high fever.  I gave him Tylenol and brought him over to our bed to keep watch over him in case another febrile seizure came.  But thankfully, he's been seizure free so far.

So far, Jacob and I are feeling fine.  It's great to know that if Jacob gets sick, he'll be able to rest at home instead of going into work because he's busy on a project or he has a meeting he can't miss, etc.  What a blessing he's home from Amgen!

I will say that Jacob is going through the stages of grief at this time and he's grappling with a few internal things that will take some time to sort out and process.  It's understandable.  I am praying for wisdom that God will show me when to be silent and when I need to speak up.  I'm thankful that he has great prayer support, other men who have been through this who can share their stories and some good friends from his men's group to talk with.

But we know that God is faithful and He is sovereign.

I found this very cool verse in Deuteronomy 7:9.  I love how the NLT puts it... "Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands."

I'm definitely going to underline that one in my Bible!!!