Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A New Adventure

We've been waking up to the most misty mornings---perfect for staying in bed and reading...I wish!!! I love how the fog settles on the mountains and seeing the silhouettes of the trees shrouded in heavy fog is one of the most beautiful sights ever!

I've been keeping Michael in his jammies as we make the carpool run.  It saves us time in the morning (literally a grab and go kind of system!) and he's very comfy in them anyway.  This morning we were building a lego train garage and a "castle" for Michael's king person.  It was fun!

I keep forgetting to tell you what I'm reading!  My downstairs book is Reclaiming Lily by Patti Lacy (I'm loving this story!) and I just finished my upstairs book, Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist which was very entertaining! In the past two weeks I finished reading Francine Rivers (I love her!) Marta's Legacy:  Her Mother's Hope and Her Daughter's Dream, Paper Angels by Billy Coffey, His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons,  The River Queen  by Gilbert Morris and The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena Miller! Whew! As you can see, I'm not spending much time cleaning the house, cooking or blogging! But now, I'll have to read at a slower pace (and it's killing me to say that!!!) because the bathrooms need to be cleaned, the laundry needs to be done, I need to go grocery shopping and I need to cook something more than noodles, egg omelets and grilled cheese sandwiches!  I'll have reviews of all these books and more in my next edition of my newsletter, Five Star Books & More by the Reading Mom which will be posted on the first Monday in November.

For the longest time ever, we've been praying for my husband as he juggles working full time and going to school.  He's been so stressed as you can imagine! But in the past couple of months, he's also gotten more active in church.  He's been coming to our small group on Monday nights and recently, he started attending a men's discipleship group that meets on Wednesday nights at our church.  And although he's losing some nights of studying, it's been really good for him and he's committed to going every week!  I find it interesting that although he's not studying as much as he would like because he's getting more plugged into church things, he's still able to keep his grades up.  God is faithful!

This morning, Jacob got the "official" notice that he was being downsized along with about 600 others from his company.  So here we've been praying for Jacob as he's so stressed with school AND work and now, God has allowed the elimination of his job so he no longer has two stressful things going on at the same time! Does God have a sense of humor or what?!?  I feel like we're beginning an adventure of absolute faith and dependency on God's faithfulness since we don't have a Plan B in place and it's exciting!!! I'm thankful He's in control and most of all, He has a plan.

I love how The Message version puts Ephesians 3:20-21! It goes like this, 20-21"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."

I also like they way they worded my favorite verse in Jeremiah 29:11, "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

I used red lettering because this is what the Lord is saying in Jeremiah.  I'm grateful that God is with us in these uncertain days ahead of us!!! He is in control and will never leave us or forsake us (Heb 13:5b)!!!