Sunday, December 23, 2012

Six Things I Love About Michael, Our Six-Year-Old

I was three months into my pregnancy before I found out I was pregnant.  By the time I was used to the idea we would be starting all over again with diapers, midnight feelings, etc. I figured God would give us anther girl.  I mean, I know and understand girls.   I love little girl clothing (I had a bunch of plastic bins filled with adorable clothing from Krista's growing up years), love the toys, accessories and doing girly things so surely God would make it easy for me... or not! Ummm, yeah, about that delusional thought... God's ways are NOT our ways nor are His thoughts our thoughts, right?!?

I remember feeling fear when every sonogram confirmed we were having a boy! I had no idea what to do with little boys...!

And then Michael was born - 6 lbs and 2.4 oz --- a perfect fit to our family! He was an easy baby relatively speaking and a born cuddler! I love that!!! And today, I can't even imagine life without Michael in our life!!! I'm so glad God brought him to us :o)

Here are six favorite things I love about Michael...

1.  I love how cuddly he is!
2.  I love how he's always asking me how he can help me!
3.  I love the dimples in his smiles!
4. I love his heart for God!
5. I love that he loves books!
6. I love that he has a heart to help others!

Happy 6th birthday, Michael :o) You are loved!!!