Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Mommy, I Love You Forever!!!"

Today was so peaceful! I played Christmas music while indulging in a favorite past-time: making a beaded ornament. Then I finished Courting Cate by Leslie Gould (LOVED it!!!), started Nicole O'Dell's The Embittered Ruby and spent most of the evening on the phone catching up with good friends.  All in all, it's been a great day!!!

I can't believe Christmas is only a few weeks away! And for the life of me, I can't figure out where our tree stand is located.  So I set up our tree skirt and the tree box is beside it :o) Our Little People Nativity set is on the kitchen island instead of around the tree (we're setting up the tree where the non-existent kitchenette is) and our Playmobile Nativity set is now in the piano room.  We have our Advent calendars and wreaths around the house and we're burning the cinnamon candles downstairs and the spiced plum candles upstairs.  Oh, I just love the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas!!! And being here, it actually feels like Christmas with the frigid temps which I know are nothing compared to what they can be...!!!

Michael is so cuddly and lately, he's been convinced he loves me more than I could ever love him! I wish I could keep him at 5 and Krista at 15 forever! I'm so thankful for these two sweet and snuggly children!!! As much as I love them both, I know that God's love for them is a gazillion times more! Don't you find it comforting knowing how much God loves us?

I love how the Amplified Bible puts 1 John 3:1a...
See what [[a]an incredible] quality of love the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! 

It's a beautiful privilege, isn't it?!? Happy 12.12.12!!!