Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Post Christmas and A Joyous New Year!!!

It's really the last day of 2012.  Can you believe it?!? We spent the last week of the year celebrating the gift of meaningful relationships.  A few days before Christmas, we spent two days in Georgia catching up with friends from my college days basking in Southern hospitality (and renewing my love for sweet tea!).  The rest of the time was spent in Orlando with the Tse family from NJ (we've been friends since Krista was a toddler!)---a trip we've dreamed about for at least 8+ years!!!

And tonight we spent time with some new friends God has brought into our life!  As I washed the dishes, I couldn't help reflecting on 2012.  I mean, that's what we do at the end of the year, right?!?

I want to thank God for His constant care, provision and grace.  And so I dedicate this blog to God because He is a faithful Father.  Blogging is a convenient way to help me record the fingerprints of His faithfulness in 2012 since my brain doesn't have the capacity to retain everything...!

2012 Highs

  • Girls Bible Study Sleep Overs (I love you, girls and miss our monthly times together!!!)
  • MOMSnext steering leadership team Christmas Party (fun times with Nicea & Missi!!!) & weekend in Solvang (Nancy was the best roomie ever!!!)
  • Chat Group #2 (FABULOUS moms and friends of my heart!!! I miss you all!!!)
  • Betty & Michael's small group & friends (miss you all!!!)
  • Jacob's new job
  • Getting plugged in and connected at Willow North Shore
  • Finding a house with great potential for ministry opportunities :o)
  • Krista turning 15 and Michael turning 6
  • Being a part of our new small group family
So, I'll end this blog with one of my favorite passages in Lamentations 3:22-23 from the Amplified Bible...
22 It is because of the Lord’s mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness.

I pray that you will recognize God's faithfulness and unconditional love toward you :o) Wishing you a joyful and blessed 2013!!!