Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Wow. I'm Worser Than I Thought." and "Please Make This Harder!" Funny Stuff From a 5-Year-Old.

Michael and I started Kindergarten a few weeks ago (probably right after I posted my March 7th entry!).  I had forgotten how time intensive homeschooling is.  We usually start early between 7:30 to 8am and work until a little past 12.  Then we continue doing school while we're waiting in the car for Krista while she's in class or at skating. My brain is tired! And we've only done math, science, history, language arts and phonics.  We haven't even started art, music or handwriting yet.


The good thing about doing Kindergarten at home now is that I'm able to assess where Michael is academically.  He begs me to make things harder and then tells me this... "Everybody thinks I love school but I don't.  I love the iPad more."  Thank you for clarifying that, Michael.
  
Since school has been taking up all my free time, I've barely had time to read.  Usually, I'm through at least 10-15 book reviews already for my monthly newsletter.  But sadly, I've only read 4 books so far! A Perfect Square by Vannetta Chapman is an Amish mystery that's the second book in her series, A Shishawana Amish Mystery.  Tracie Peterson's Chasing the Sun is a historical fiction that ends with a cliff hanger! I can't wait to review book 2 in that series to find out what happens! I don't recommend M.K. Gilroy's Cuts Like A Knife for bedtime reading.  I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the inevitable and it was not a relaxing feeling.  At all! Thunder and Rain Charles Martin would make a great movie! It's a romance and the story will melt even the hardest of hearts. 

This morning, Michael was playing on the iPad in our bed.  I heard him say, "Wow.  I'm worser than I thought." He's a funny child! Tonight he was on the floor staring in the carpet and out of the blue, he goes, "I wonder what's going on inside the carpet and what happening in there."  I don't think I want to know!

Last night, Jacob and I went to see our friend Greg perform at a family friendly Live! Improv Show (www.cleanupcomedy.com).  It was so refreshing to laugh through the evening because things were funny without the swearing and dirty jokes other comedians think make their material so "stellar."  Not.

I never got into the Drew Carey Show, but found his Whose Line Is It Anyway? improv show pretty funny when we weren't cringing at the inappropriate comments.  Well, Clean Up Comedy's improv show is in the same style but SO much better! The evening flew by and I can't wait to go back again!

Jacob had his second interview this past week and now we're back in the waiting cycle.  Waiting can be so difficult when you fill your mind with "what if's" and other such scenarios, right?  I do tend to over analyze things when something is so out of my control, but hankfully, I can meditate on Isaiah 26:3-4.  I love how the NLT puts it...

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock."

This is a much better solution, isn't it?!?