Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goodbye, West Coast. Hello, Midwest!

It's official.  We're headed to a new adventure in the Midwest after being on the West Coast for 8 years.  We've been spoiled by the weather and to be honest, I'm not looking forward to navigating through ice, sleet and snowy roads again.  But, I am excited about the challenge of meeting new friends and learning the area!

It's purging time.  I'm working on the playroom (which has been reduced to our "catch all" room) and am starting to assess what we want to keep and what needs to be passed on.  There's a ton of stuff I can't even get to because of all the things in front of it! EEKS! I've got my work cut out for me!

But the move isn't on my mind right now.  There's a ton of other things going on and I've got to focus on those things for now.  When I think of the past couple of months, I am so thankful we can trust God with every minute detail of our life.  He cares about everything from the hairs on our head to the tears  we shed.

It's been rough riding through the ups and downs of Jacob's emotions after his job loss, but I can testify that Isaiah 43:1-3 will encourage you no matter what you may be facing.  The NLT puts it this way....

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.  O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.  I have called you by name; you are mine.

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression,  you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.

For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Isn't it great to know you're NOT alone?  You will get through this season of difficulty and soon, this too shall pass.