Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Overheard this... "Krista, You Know What? I Wouldn't Want to Live in the Amazon Rain Forest..."

Blogging has been on the bottom of my "Things To Do List" lately because Michael and I started Kindergarten together last week via the California Virtual Academy (CAVA).  I love the K12 curriculum but the work load is daunting as we try to catch up on work from September to the present! At this moment, we're about a gazillion units behind, but we're having fun!!! Math is a breeze (He's begging me, "Please make this harder!"), of course (obviously, his math genes are from Jacob who claims he used to do math pages when he was a child...just for fun! Weirdo! I've told him that is NOT normal behavior!!!).  He's enjoying the stories in Language Arts (we haven't started on the handwriting portion yet), Phonics, Science and History.

I don't remember having Science or History when I was in Kindergarten, do you?  He's learning the 7 continents, their location and position on the globe, some of the countries in each of those continents and what's famous there (the Sahara Desert in Africa, the Great Wall of China, the Amazon Rain Forest, etc.).  It's unbelievable how much he's absorbing!

Yesterday, Michael informed me that there should be 6 senses.  He listed them:  sight, hearing, smelling, touching, tasting and talking! I love how he thinks! We still have to fit art and music in our schedule at some point, too, but for now, we'll take one day at a time :o)

In between doing school with Michael, making the daily runs for school and skating for Krista, MOMSnext and being a mom and wife, I'm trying to read Karen Kingsbury 's latest, Loving (I love it!!!) and Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson (it's very intriguing!).  I need more hours in my day!!!

Actually, I'm thankful for every day we have.  Jacob still hasn't gotten a job yet, but he's starting to get some interviews.  Things can always be worse!  Recently, he was diagnosed with an age related macular degeneration in his right eye, so we're praying for total healing.  Krista is working hard at school (thank God she's finally caught up in everything except for one test in Science) and she's preparing for an upcoming skating competition.  Michael is...well, Michael and his random questions hurt my brain, but I love them! He's a funny child!!! Life is full :o)

Our future is uncertain, but I know God is good and He's in control.  It brings to mind some verses I learned when I was in middle school and high school.  I like the NLT's version of Proverbs 3:5-7...
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
      do not depend on your own understanding.
 6 Seek his will in all you do,
      and he will show you which path to take.
 7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
      Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

He's got it, so.  just. let. Him. do. His. thing.