Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Confessions From A Four And Three-Quarter Year Old That Will Get Me In BIG Trouble With My Mom!!!

Jacob's miniature math protégé has been doing math pages so he can earn 1 hour of iPad time.  I'm amazed by his enthusiasm as he goes through the problems... so unlike Krista at that age!!!

Michael's very first math page
 
Michael "graduated" to the computer generated math sheets Jacob made up for Krista years ago.
But this morning, Michael figured out how to do the math pages twice as fast.  I saw him doing two math sheets at the same time and was so impressed that I went over to check on his work.  Unfortunately, one page was the answer sheet (that he found on the table) and Michael was blissfully trying to copy the answers instead of figuring out the problems himself!!! CHEATER ALERT!!! We had a brief talk about what he was doing but then he lost interest in working towards his iPad time.  Ironically, the first three answers he had copied were problems with the answer "0"!

Michael has been asking for dessert after every meal.  We still have left over pumpkin pie and apple pie and he loves both!!! In fact, he's been declaring (to my chagrin) quite frequently, "I love sugar! Sugar is my best friend!!!" EEKS! If my mother hears that, she will have a cow and I will get another lecture from her about the evils of sugar particularly of the white variety!!!

On Sunday, we started on our Christmas decorations! Michael was over the moon about helping with the ornaments! He even put the entire Fisher-Price Little People Nativity Set all around the base of the tree skirt and added a few animals from his Noah's Ark set like the elephant!


In the evenings, I like turning off all the house lights and just keeping the lights on from the tree and from the lit up greenery on the fireplace mantel.  It's so peaceful and the image of the twinkling lights fill me with hope because I'm reminded again that Jesus is the light of the world. 

I love how John 8:12 (NLT) puts it, "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

I'm thankful we can walk in the light with Jesus and when those dark days come, we can cling on to His hope that "He will never fail us or abandon us" (Heb. 13:5).  Amen!!!