Friday, November 18, 2011

"Mommy, Since You Ran Out Of Grace, Can I Have Mercy?" And Other Funny Things a Four and Three-Quarter-Year-Old Says

For the past week and a half, I've been making my beaded and Swarovski crystal ornaments, Baby Bling key rings and Charmed book marker hooks every free moment I had! I think I've made over 50 pieces and need a few more before I'll feel ready for the upcoming Christmas boutique on December 3rd.  I've never done this before and have no idea if my hobby can be help raise money for missions but I'm willing to give it a go!

My photographer Krista is helping me take pictures of the ornaments, book marker hooks and key rings.  It's a tedious process, but here are a few...

 Double Ring Cross ornament in red

Angelic ornament in aqua and cashmere



Angelic ornament in lavender and white satin
Angelic ornament in pink and cashmere
Baby Bling "Cutie" key ring
Baby Bling "Precious" key ring
Double Ring "Mommy" key ring
Charmed "Ice Cream Cone" book marker hook
Charmed "Sundae" book marker hook
Charmed "Pearly Purple" book marker hook
She's done a great job so far, hasn't she?!?  She may even have the time to finish taking the rest of the pics now that Thanksgiving break has started! WooHoo!!! 

Michael loves ALL things related to electronics technology.  Sigh.  When Jacob was working, Michael was only allowed weekend privileges on the iPad.  Now that Jacob is home, he's been allowed to play during the week.  But when the first thing that comes out of his mouth in the morning is... 
Michael:  Where's the iPad?  Is it done charging yet?

Me:  Michael, don't you mean, "Good Morning, Mommy?!?"

Michael:  Oh yeah.  Good Morning, Mommy! May I play with the... you know...iPad???

Sigh.  One day after dropping off Krista and the girls at school, I explained to Michael about reverting back to his original iPad playing schedule.  This is how our conversation went...

Me:  Michael, I'm concerned about your iPad playing addiction.

Michael:  Mommy, what does addiction mean?

Me:  It means that it's something that you want to do all the time and are thinking about all the time.  It's the last thing you're thinking about when it's time to go night night and it's the first thing you're thinking about when you wake up. 

Michael:  Oh.  Right.

Me:  Now do you understand why I'm concerned?

Michael:  Yes. I do.

Me:  I think we need to take a break from playing the iPad and only play on weekends again.

Michael:  Oh, but Mommy, can I have grace?

Me:  Michael, grace doesn't mean you get to do what you want all the time.  You've been given lots of grace but now you need to learn some self-control.

Michael:  Well, Mommy, since you ran out of grace, can I have mercy???  gulp.

You gotta love how his little brain works!!! After a time of me laughing like a hyena, Michael remarked, "Mommy, you always laugh at me!"  And I had to reply, "Michael, when grown-ups laugh at you, it's because you're funny and that's a compliment!"
It's easy to get addicted to things, isn't it?  If what you're consumed with getting, having or doing gets in the way of your relationship with God, be aware that the farther you move away from God Word and His truth, the harder it is to hear His still small voice.  It makes me think of the verse in Matthew 6:21 from the Amplified Bible, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."  Also, Prov. 4:23 is important to consider!  The Amplified Bible puts it this way, "Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life."
Guard your heart! Nothing is worth getting in between God and your heart.