Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"I'm Not A Fan, I'm A Super Fan!!!" exclaimed the Five-Year-Old Cyberchase Fanatic

My coat was put to the test the other night.  And it failed.  We went to our church's Trunk or Treat Extravaganza and were warned that it would be cold (thanks, Grace!), so we layered up and all wore our winter wear.  But it wasn't enough, obviously, because we were all freezing!!! I'm not kidding.  After being out in the West Coast for the past 8 years, we've been spoiled and our blood has gotten thin.  And it's not even the temps at this point, but the chill-to-the-bone wind that's killin' me!!! I know what you're thinking---this is nothing because winter will be much worse.  Oh.  We are so in BIG trouble...!!! We pitched in to help with the Kettle Corn station and the continuous scooping action kept me moving so I didn't turn into a block of ice (even Michael was involved in helping serve the bags of kettle corn but after helping out for about an hour, he wanted to accomplish his main mission:  getting candy!!!)! Yay for Kettle Corn!!!

When we returned home, Michael poured out all his candy onto the island and divided it up for himself and Krista WITHOUT being asked!!! Of course, I was on hand to snag the Butterfingers and the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups :o) He knew Krista had been with her small group from Impact manning a trunk as a Care Bear (great idea, Melissa!!!) so he wanted to share his loot with her.  I. LOVE. That!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH! I've been feeling very cranky today---it's evidenced in my multiple calls to my sister for therapeutic conversation and the excessive sarcasm running through my brain. I believe I'm feeling the stress of the 2 week visit from my parents which has upped my schedule in trying to get one bedroom and one bathroom in habitable shape for their stay.  And while I'm really glad to finally have one complete room set all done down there, it drives me crazy that the organization of the basement area is taking me so long!!! I dream of 3 days of uninterrupted time to organize down there, but the reality is... there are errands to run, floors, kitchen counters, dishes and bathrooms to clean (5.5 bathrooms are too many---I totally wouldn't recommend it!!!), meals to prepare (I wish we could eat via osmosis!!!), laundry (why, oh, why can't someone invent disposable clothing?!?) and driving back and forth 6 times a day which takes up valuable organizing time (I'm pretty certain that travel by portal is just a blink away... mainly in my dreams, I admit!)...!!!

Okay, I've got to focus on praise before my brain completely derails....! So, #1. I'm blessed I don't have to juggle a job outside of the home right now AND try to get settled in a new home.  #2 House cleaning, food stuff and driving mean my husband is gainfully employed so we can afford cleaning agents, groceries and gasoline, right? And to put things in perspective since all my ranting and ravings were therapeutic but unnecessary (!), I'm thankful that having to clean, cook and drive means that I'm enormously blessed with a home and a family to take care of :o) I just took a deep cleansing breath and I feel like me... again :o) And honestly, normally, none of this ever bothers me in the way it has like today.  I need some time to just read...!!!

When Krista was in PreK, she discovered Cyberchase on PBS and couldn't get enough of it.  Now, I'm seeing Michael absorb Cyberchase (pbskids.org) intensely and he's constantly telling me about the episodes and giving me a beyond detailed play-by-play of  it.  I notice that this happens a lot when I'm starting to go through his bedtime routine...

It gets pretty comical as I listen to him in his unbridled enthusiasm recite dialogue... word for word (Boy, what I would give to just have a portion of his memory skills!!!)!!! I mentioned that he must be a fan of Cyberchase to which he promptly replied, "Mommy, I LOVE Cyberchase! I'm not a fan, I'm a Super Fan!!!" I confess I couldn't help bursting out in laughter at his sincere declaration!!!

And then it hit me.  Wouldn't it be great if we---believers of Jesus Christ, exhibited that same excitement about the Gospel and the hope found in Christ?  Wouldn't it be great to share Christ and what He's doing in our life without any inhibitions?

I love how The Amplified Bible puts Hebrews 6:19, "[Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it—a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil,"
  
Hope.  It's intended to be shared...! :o)