Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Overheard....: "My Heart Has More Love To Share With Mommy Than You!"

I've been slowly reviewing Dr. Mary Manz Simon's new book for children, Little Visits at Bedtime:  105 Devotions and Prayers.  She sent it with an adorable little teddy bear that Michael has been playing with! So far, I'm loving it and it couldn't have come at a better time either!!! Last night I finished Annie Wald's Walk with Me: Pilgrim's Progress for Married Couples.  I loved reading of Peter and Celeste's lifelong journey to the King's City (her story was inspired by the timeless classic, Pilgrim's Progress)! Oh! I better get my post up with all my new reviews for this month's edition of Five Star Books & More by The Reading Mom!!!

I was in my room putting away laundry when I overheard this conversation....

Michael:  Krista, I love Mommy more than you.

Krista:  That's impossible because I'm older than you and you've only loved mommy for 5 years .

Michael:  Oh yeah?  Well, (brief pause) I have more love in my heart to share with mommy than you do!

The "I Love Mommy More" wars have been pretty constant lately.  I had to have a talk with both kids together and individually because they haven't been treating each other with love and with respect.  I sure miss my couch of lovingkindness!  But I'm sure being together 24/7 in such close quarters has been quite the challenge while testing their limits.

I expect things will change once we get into our own home again, but it won't be the house we thought it would be.

Tonight, Jacob and I withdrew our offer from the house I had told you about in my last blog.  While we both really liked the house, we felt the location would be an issue when we needed to resell it in the future.  Today, we found out some information that raised some red flags about the surrounding area and we decided that withdrawing now would be better than regretting our decision later.

I'm feeling a plethora of emotions in my head and heart!  Uncertainty (how long will it take before we find the right house for our family?!? It appeared like we had found the right house God had for us, but...).  Relief (I liked the house but hated the location where we would encounter a lot of traffic everyday in the mornings and in the afternoons because of the school there).  Peace (both Jacob and I have been praying that God would clearly show us His direction and we're both in agreement over our decision to walk away from this house).
 
 So, I choose to trust God and His Word from Psalm 37:4-6.  Here's how The Amplified Bible puts it...
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.
And He will make your uprightness and right standing with God go forth as the light, and your justice and right as [the shining sun of] the noonday.

And so the house hunting adventures continue on :o)