Friday, August 5, 2011

One More Day...

Happy August!!! I finished the painstaking job of gluing gross after gross of Swarovski crystals on both of Krista's competition dresses a few days ago, so now I can breathe easier.  Then for the past three days, I've been playing with my other crystal beads and making book markers, diaper bag ID charms and Christmas ornaments.  It's been fun playing and being creative!

Tomorrow is the Opening Ceremonies and then Krista competes in two events on Saturday.  For her technical program, she's skating to a score from the movie August Rush.  And for her artistic program, she'll be skating to Laputa's Theme.  She's pulled a muscle in her back so she's in pain, but hopefully, it won't prevent her from skating clean and well. 

I am so proud of her comeback.  When she returned to skating regularly in June, I was really concerned with the lack of speed in her spins and the general sloppiness in her skating and posture.  After working hard every day at the rink, her skating has improved by 110%!!!  She's proven that she can nail every element in her programs in a short amount of time, so in my book, she's won already. 

And by next week, we'll only skate two to three days a week (Hallelujah!), so we'll get a break and be home sometimes! Woo Hoo!!! And, we're finished with our school supplies shopping, so I won't have to fight the crowds doing their school shopping.  It's a great feeling :o)

I'll close with the Contemporary English Version of Psalm 9:1.  "I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart and tell about the wonders you have worked."

Amen!