Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Mmmmm! What Sauce Did You Use to Make This Chicken So Tender?"

Last night, we celebrated having our good friends home again (the Beccue's).  They've been gone for the past 11 months traveling around the world serving and expanding their horizons! Krista and I made our stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon and served with mashed potatoes while Jacob helped saute the green beans and garlic (he also peeled all the potatoes in record time!).  It was so relaxing just hanging out, listening to their stories and watching Shaun the Sheep!You can still follow their adventures and see Tim's amazing photography at http://www.theyellowcello.com/11monthsrtw/Home.html!

As I got Michael ready for bed, he asked me the question that's the title of this blog entry! I love how verbally expressive he is!!! He definitely loves food (he's so good at showing appreciation for it!) and is always interested in helping me make things.  He and Krista are so good in the kitchen compared to how I was at their age!!!

Krista begins high school on Tuesday already.  I'm hoping her school polo shirts that we picked up are not still in the bag all wadded up...! I don't want her to go to school looking all wrinkled especially since she'll be getting school pictures taken on the first day.  I may need to introduce her to the iron and the ironing board...!

We haven't done piano or typing lessons for the past month so I'll get back on track with Michael with those two things once Krista is back in school again.  Two days ago, I finished wrapping all of Michael's birthday gifts (even though his birthday isn't until December 23rd), all his monthly Christmas gifts (the 25th of every month comes sooner than I always expect!) and one of Krista's birthday gifts.  Things get so hectic in the fall that I need to do whatever I can to get ahead! I hope to finish buying and wrapping everything for Christmas and Krista's birthday by the end of September.  And then I can figure out what I want to do about Christmas cards.  Is it improper etiquette if I just do a Facebook Christmas Card or one on my blog?  I'll have to think about that one some more...! Hmmmm...is it worth spending the money and time on Christmas cards and pics that will eventually get tossed in the trash anyway?  For the record, I keep Christmas pics from close friends and love seeing how they've changed over the years.  Thank goodness for Rubbermaid storage containers!  

Melaleuca Product Opinions...

Here are my favorite Melaleuca products:

1.  Renew™ Intensive Skin Therapy works equally well as my Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Lotion and it costs a lot less, too! Now that's a bonus! :o)

2.  PreSpot™ 4x Laundry Stain Remover is the best stain remover on the market in my opinion.  I use it for removing drool stains on Michael's pillow case, blood stains on his clothes from nose bleeds, dirty marks from his white bucket hats, etc.

3.  Melaleuca® Original Shampoo seems to really work well for both Krista and me.  Krista also likes the Melaleuca Hair Masque but I don't feel a difference between my other non Melaleuca conditioner and the Melaleuca conditioner (the Hair Masque).

The cleaning products are free from harsh chemicals so I don't mind Michael helping me clean now.  Do they work better than Lysol, Windex, etc.?  I think they work equally well but the benefit of not breathing in toxic fumes is a definite plus for me! I also like that they come in a concentrate so I think I can use it longer since I'm adding water to the concentrate in my special spray bottle that gives you the directions for mixing the water & concentrate (I think they should include it with the  product instead of making you purchase the bottle).  The MelaPower® 6x Detergent doesn't clean any better than my Tide laundry detergent, but it doesn't contain caustic chemicals or unnecessary fillers either.  And, it's gentle on the clothes.  If you're looking to have a chemical free house, then Melaleuca products are for you!

This is what I don't like about Melaleuca....I don't like that you have to purchase the pump for the Renew skin care therapy (it depends on the size of the Renew skin care therapy you purchase) and for the laundry products separately.  And you have to purchase spray bottles for the spot remover and for the household cleaners separately (it comes in a concentrate so you need to dilute it first).  Actually, you can probably use any spray bottle but the Melaleuca spray bottles have the lines on the bottle so you know how much concentrate and water you need.  And, shipping and handling is hard to pay for when we usually get free shipping when we order online.  I would order a lot more if I didn't have to pay for the shipping and handling!!!

All in all, I'm a satisfied Melaleuca customer.  I haven't tried everything or totally converted our household to all things Melaleuca, but I will continue to purchase my favorite things that work for our family from them!

I'm thankful our lives are so full.  I stay busy with a 4.5 year old and my 13.5 year old.  If I didn't have skating, reading, blogging, keeping up with school stuff and my newsletter, MOMSnext, household stuff, children stuff, etc. I would have too much time to wonder about things like...

Where will we be in a year or two?  God can do anything, right?  I'm living life one day at a time and since I have no control over my future, I have to accept whatever adventure God may bring into our life! And hopefully, it doesn't involve sleeping outdoors in a tent!!! Will Jacob still be employed if his company decides to downsize?  Look at all the big corporations that are letting people go.  Job security can change in the blink of an eye.  Will we see religious persecution in our lifetime?  Sadly, this is probably more of a reality because of our country's leadership and the conscious effort they're making to eliminate anything related to God.  What will happen to my brother in the next couple of years?  Will there be another terrorist attack on our home soil?  I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the horrific events occurred on 9/11.  Will we survive the next big earthquake?  I've heard nightmare stories about the Northridge one.  Will I ever see my sister and her family again if they come across issues in their country?  I wonder who will get cancer next in our family?  We have a family history... Will termites and ants decide to make our house their home?  Hey! This can be a reality b/c we're living in termite and ant territory here! Will the price of food go up so much we're forced to dig up roots or plant a garden and live off the earth?  This could be a genuine concern since I've been scarred by my childhood and have always vowed I will never have a garden!!! And so we don't! Will the price of chocolate go up so high we can't afford it any longer?  Actually, I like chocolate but I don't depend on it for the survival of my well-being :o)

LOL! In all seriousness, I am thankful we can place our unknown future in the hands of an all-knowing God.  It's why I love the Amplified version of the verses from Philippians 4:6-9...

"6Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
    7And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
    8For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].
    9Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you."

I'm choosing to trust in God (who has a track record of keeping His promises since the beginning of time).  How about you?