Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Mommy, I Dropped My Shirt in the Toilet!" and a Merry Christmas to You, too!!!

One day it was a little warmer than expected and Michael was hot. We came home from school and I helped him take off his undershirt giving him instructions to take it upstairs. Meanwhile, I headed to the kitchen to start making dinner. I think I was peeling potatoes when I hear this voice from the bathroom in the hallway...

Michael: "Mommy, I dropped my shirt in the toilet!!!" 

Me:  "Did you drop it in before or after you went to the bathroom?!?" I'm thinking, WHAT?!? How does that happen?!? Please let it be #1 and NOT #2!!!

Michael: "I already went to the bathroom!"

Me: Okay now. "Just don't flush the toilet or we will have a HUGE problem!!!"

I ripped off my gloves and ran over to him. He was standing at the toilet proudly holding one sleeve (the one that didn't fall in) and told me he "saved" it from falling in! Thankfully, it was a bladder issue or I would have been even more grossed out!!! And just for the record, this is the LAST time I plan on fishing anything out of the toilet!!!

The other day, Krista and Michael were verbally sparring. I interrupted them and asked if they needed to change the tone of their voices or be on the "couch of loving kindness" (the original one drowned in flood #1 but basically any part of the couch will do!). Of course, they both denied what they were doing, so I asked, "Then why are you talking to each other with that attitude?" And they both said in unison, "That's tough love!!!"

Gotta love those moments, right?!?

Okay, so I had this grandiose idea to hand make all my Christmas cards this year...FAIL!!! I made about 30 of them and then ran of out of steam, time and creativity!!! Thankfully, I had 2 boxes of back-up cards (I then ran out of those, too, so I'll start making some more once my second wind kicks in again); otherwise, your Christmas card may or may not arrive until Easter 2014!!!

I had an epiphany this year after helping Krista's 3rd grade girls learn their Bible verse in Promiseland from Isaiah 9:6. This verse comes to mind the most during the Christmas season, but I don't really reflect on it any other time. But then I realized, I've been missing out on a message that's meaningful for now and forever!!! I've added my thoughts in red and when you read it, you'll see why this verse has become one of my favorite verses to meditate on.

I grew up on the King James version of Isaiah 9:6 and love it this way...

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor (I love that we can pour out our fears, our sorrows and our longings to Him... and He listens), The mighty God (He's Omnipotent---all powerful so there isn't a problem too large that He can't handle), The everlasting Father (I'm reminded that He's a God who keeps His promises forever and ever!!!), The Prince of Peace (When we ask, He provides us with His presence and peace in the midst of the disappointments and uncertainties of this life!!!)."

This verse is clearly relevant all 365 days of the year :o)


Merry Christmas with Love, Joy & Peace!!!
from the Lee's
Jacob, Susan, Krista & Michael
Jer. 29:11