Thursday, February 28, 2013

Not everything fried is tasty to the palate

It finally happened. My computer gave up the ghost thanks to a fried hard drive (who knew writing my February reviews could be so sizzling hot?!?).  AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
My newsletter Five Star Books & More by the Reading Mom is put on hold indefinitely. All my documents are...eeks! I'm afraid to think that they may be lost in cyberspace forever. Oh, stink.  Double AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Sigh.

I refuse to dwell on the fact that I didn't back up my latest documents on the Passport like I had intended... I know, I know, I know! I can hear your thoughts!!! Unfortunately, "If only I..." doesn't change anything and I'm determined that this will not happen again because I'm the kind of girl that doesn't make the same dumb mistake twice!!! Hopefully, this will not be a bath of famous last words....!

Okay, the other day, Krista gave me a heart attack.  She came up behind me and I heard a loud *gasp* from her (the sharp inhalation of air when she sees a bug... so NOT a good thing).  She was looking over my head and I thought there was a bug on me judging by the volume levels of her*gasp*-o-meter. I immediately asked her what was it and she replied, "Mommy, you have a white hair on your head." Oh! Horrors!!! Actually, I felt such relief that it wasn't a bug on me!!! And, Hello! Of course, I gave her permission to immediately pluck it out!!! *Gasp* I hear that you're not supposed to pluck them out or more will grown in.  Well, I don't care! I'm going to war against those babies and I'm not ashamed to admit that I will be using my tweezers until they multiply beyond my control! And then it will be time to look into getting low lights, high lights or something!

This weekend will be the first weekend I've ever been gone from the family for the e-n-t-i-r-e weekend. Come to think of it, it will be the first time in a super long time (as in since Krista was born) that I've gotten away for a women's event. Yup. I'm going to a woman's retreat with the women from our church and I am so-over-the-moon excited about it!!! It'll be like one gigantic sleep-over---without the pranks (I'll have to contain myself) and with nicer accommodations :o) There will be food, games, a great speaker, meaningful discussions and a time to connect with other women without being rushed!!! Can you tell I'm a little excited?!?

I like how The Message phrases Proverbs 27:17, "You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another." I'm looking forward to sharpening and getting sharpened this weekend!!!