Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Febrile Seizure Watch

On Monday, Michael came down with a low grade fever.  He started coughing, wheezing a bit (thank you, God for nebulizer treatments with Xoponex) and had a runny nose that was running non stop.  Krista had class at Grace so we were out the door by 7:30am.  Then Michael and I ran errands until it was time to pick her up from school.  I called to make an appointment with the doctor, and after explaining Michael's history for febrile seizures, we were able to get an appointment at 3pm.  It gave us enough time to make a quick stop at Jamba Juice before arriving at the doctor's office on time.

So, he has a virus and we're keeping a close watch on his fever and wheezing.  I was able to sneak in some reading in the past couple of days and finished Here's to Friends by Melody Carlson (this was the final book in the Four Lindas series which I really, really enjoyed---coming out in September!!!), A Tailor Made-Bride by Karen Witemeyer (I love her books---her protagonist have the best personalities and always make me laugh!!!)  Composing Amelia by Alison Strobel (this was a brilliant read  where both the protagonist couple experience an epiphany regarding their passions, their family and their faith...coming out in September!!!) and Lone Star Trail by Darlene Franklin (it was an interesting read about early Texas that's also coming out in September).

Well, it's late and being that I need to be up early tomorrow to take Krista to school, I'll say Good Night now!